Wednesday, March 01, 2006

GoogleMapPedometer

This is pretty cool. Since I'm trying to do the 1000 minutes of exercise a month thing, I'm needing to add back in my lunchhour walks. The weather has been great for it and it gets me outside in the real air for a while instead of being cooped up in my office all day. I found this Google Map Pedometer today and thought I would share. It's pretty nice. I had been wanting to check out exactly how far I had been walking. I had guessed about 2 miles, and I was pretty much right on!
My Route:
http://tinyurl.com/g63da

and, a link to the pedometer so you can make yours:
http://www.webwalking.com/googlemap.htm

4 comments:

Queenie said...

What a cool tool! I've been taking Brutus on long walks lately and I've been wondering exactly how far we've been going. (And my stepometer hasn't been working - after about 20 minutes of walking I had registered only 13 steps on the darn thing.)

Thanks for the link!

julieanne said...

Ha! I read stepometer as stepmother at first. I'm all like "where is this going? I can't imagine what her stepmother working or not has to do with taking long walks with the dog." Too funny. Are you sure you were able to walk more than 13 steps in 20 minutes though? I mean, that's quite an intense pace already ;)

Queenie said...

Well, I'm in training to try to increase to 20 steps in 20 minutes...it would be pretty intense, sure, but I figure if I work hard I just might be able to do it.

Seeing as how I've already taken a good 14 or 15 steps already today, I'm exhausted...

Susan said...

Thank you for pointing out Google Pedometer! :-) You are very helpful in such matters, like the Couch to 5K thing!